It takes a lot of patience to be a farmer. You need to tend to your crops and pay substantial attention to a number of minute details. Success does not happen overnight. Today, people all over are learning to love farming in a new way. It all happens today on Farmville, the new video game that is attracting millions of players across the globe courtesy of Facebook.
Things happen a lot faster in the virtual Farmville game, and crops grow very quickly. You can grow and cultivate many diffferent kinds of crops, including rice, raspberries, wheat, pumpkins and a lot more. However, as any well respected farmer, you must be pretty consistent. You need to follow-through on the care of your crops or they will die and your field will be barren. Although it doesn’t require as much attention as real farming, Farmville requires you to pay vigilant attention and work on your field. You can’t simply plant certain crops and then leave the computer for a full day. If you work full time, your best choice is choosing something that matures slowly so you will not have any unpleasant surprises.
Here are some tips for becoming a succsessful farmer on Farmville
- Sweet raspberries are a fast-grower and take under two hours for a full growth cycle with a payout of nearly fifty coins. Other berries such as blueberries require more time but bring in substantially more coins. Other good choices are strawberries which mature in four hours allowing you to gain 35 coins.
- Raising farm animals such as chickens, cows and sheep, may be fun, but ultimately, will not make you much rich. However, the advantage is that unlike crops they do not go bad and will not need much care.
- Trees are another alternative to crops that don’t require as much care but also don’t have the same return on investment. For instance, growing cherry trees takes two days for a mere gain of 18 coins, apple trees take three days for 28 coins and lime trees take 5 days for 75 coins.
- If you are looking for making some cash, you may visit a neighbor and lend a hand by cleaning up the weeds, raking up leaves or scaring crows away. You gain some extra coins and hands on experience this way.
- Bigger fields of course, will allow you to plant more, therefore will be much more profitable. However, in order to accomplish this you need to have several friends (called neighbors). For instance you need to have at least eight neighbors to expand the farm to a 14×14 lot, or better, 10 neighbors will give you a 16×16 lot. Of course, the more neighbors, the bigger land you may own, therefore the higher the profits.
- You can purchase additional building to get to the next level faster and move the game forward. But the buildings won’t earn you profits like the crops do. However, ultimately, they will just sit there and not bring any profits.
Just like in the real world, farming on Farmville can quickly become a fun hobby but you’ll need to have plenty of time and dedication to earn profits. However, just as the real farming profession, you must use time-tested strategies in order the gain the most out of your crop.